Supply, Distribution and Planning
The Supply, Distribution and Planning (SD&P) organization is responsible for supplying and scheduling the movements of light products (gasoline, diesel, heating oil, jet fuel) between various components of SGF Energy Corporation (SGF) including refining, marketing, pipeline, rail, marine and terminals. To aid them in their work duties, schedulers will learn to use state-of-the-art software tools considered to be ‘Best In Class' for the oil industry.
In addition to the specific logistics experience described above, the schedulers will also gain experience from exposure to different classes of trade such as Brand (Retail), wholesale, Speedway and exchange.
Projects may include but are not limited to:
- Assessing customer demands and scheduling the delivery of products by pipeline or waterborne transportation to third party and company locations to meet the sales forecast
- Coordinating pipeline, barge and/or tanker schedules for appropriate timing, batch size and sequence of product shipments and deliveries in order to optimize the supply of the available products from refineries and terminals, while also minimizing transportation costs and ensuring quality
- Monitoring inventories at terminals and refineries on a daily basis and adjust shipping schedules to avoid product shortages, containment and the use of excess working capital
- Coordinating the communication between terminals, marketing, exchange and quality regarding any inventory or operational problems
Internships available for: Summer, Fall and Winter/Spring
- Bachelors in Supply Chain Management, Integrated Supply Management or Transportation & Logistics
- 3.0 minimum overall GPA
An Equal Opportunity Employer